Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ear Cyst Treatment With Heat My 7 Y/o Dog Has A Cyst On His Eyelid?

My 7 y/o dog has a cyst on his eyelid? - ear cyst treatment with heat

Serious answers please .. only knowledge
My dog is a black Labrador / Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. He has what he was originally a stye of the upper eyelid. It swelled up a bit, then left. back, he must above all there.
Today I have the training, because it is big enough - in the last 2 weeks, which is not really reduced. My regular vet was not there, and MYH dog had an ear infection that needs treatment. The vet examined, even looked under the cap, and said he could see where she was bleeding. The vet looked at him and said I need to try to download it, then we will try to do a resection. I asked if it cancer, she said, she did not know until they have a biopsy. I work in the "human" doctors and know a good surgeon can always saythe clinical impression that something or can not be grounded. I told him do not expect guarantees, but ... Finally he said, doubted that it was serious and said he doubted that cancer was, but I needed to recover in size. I asked for suggestions, and everything he had to say was: "If you have worked the warm compresses, then try again."
My question is ... Has anyone you know that your dog? What worked and what did not. The veterinary technician said it was the drain now ...
Any advice would be very grateful. I'll stay with my regular vet - an important partner in the group - in 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Elena said...

This is called a hailstone. Most of the chalazion with warm compresses to the eyelid to healing and blood flow to the inflamed area treated promote. In addition, the veterinarian, antibiotic eye drops or ointment may prescribe, to be used immediately after the wrap. If the chalazion persists and causes an unpleasant mass can be surgically removed from the inside of the lid. The most important treatment is the application of warm compresses for 10 to 20 minutes at least 4 times per day. This may include the hardened oils blocking the flow to alleviate and promote healing.

Single Worker 1230 said...

This is probably a cyst of the meibomian gland. They are relatively common in dogs. It's a good idea, it removed because they can get big enough to affect the eye. Moreover, given the larger, can be due to the large defect in the eyelid to remove. Some veterinarians may make cuts in the office and tell you whether the node is cancer. Other to a reference laboratory for analysis. Meibomian gland cysts are benign.

Post a Comment